Tuesday, January 20, 2009

{ firm or soft }



Ever since the day I was born, I have only been fed soft tofu by my loving mother, so my body naturally developed this odd tendency to reject anything that's 'firm'. So when I found out that I accidentally bought 3 large packs of FIRM tofu from Costco, I was pretty devastated & vowed to never lay my hand on it. (ok, a lil exaggerated here)

But last night, I was dying of extreme hunger and unluckily, I had absolutely nothing to eat BUT firm tofu.. Yes, I was given the choice to either suffer a slow and painful death from starvation, or to eat the tofu and stay alive. When given this ultimate choice, I suddenly had a change of heart and decided to give this bad boy a try! And guess what.... I ENDED UP LOVING IT!

So I guess the point I'm trying to make is "kuwazu girai shinai," which means "to dislike without tasting," because you might be missing out on something that might just be the most food-gasmic thing ever ;P I love you tofu, firm or soft baby!

No comments: