Friday, December 18, 2009

The Emcee.

At some point, everybody plays the fool and this time it was me. I fell for the tight rhymes, the ill lines, the peaceful grace, the musical taste, and the smile that I brought to his face. At first, he wanted me like his favorite pen; to every syllable in my mind and body, he’d pay attention. Reciting verse after verse that we were perfection. We’d talk about life, poems, rhymes and spending together’s studio time. Wanted to drink the other in until our intoxication became the new crime. I was positive this was my hit song and he went to the top of my chart; feelings grew, never apart, dynamic duo like Noah’s arch, even considered taking the mic cord and tieing the knot. His presence in my life was impossible to not notice; he became my music, as I moved to him naturally like a head nod…

- Mayda Del Valle

No comments: